ImageCo 2001 – Present / Entrepreneur
Marketed and sold design, branding, and web design to startups, entrepreneurs, retailers, restaurants, dentists, physicians, attorneys, architects, builders, manufacturers, government agencies, numerous professional services, and business owners of all kinds; over 1000 projects completed, clients on 5 continents and in virtually every major city in the US.
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects.
- Story driven designer, able to incorporate: graphics, photos, and words to create narratives that compel customers to take action.
- Skilled in leading clients towards making desired design decisions.
- Adept at selling the merits of one design over another.
- Able to provide visual design solutions quickly on or below budget.
- Naturally inquisitive. I read branding, advertising, and marketing books just for fun.
- Investigative by nature. I’m able to lead probing interviews to deduce client pain centers and provide logical solutions that address those pain centers.
- Skilled illustrator and photographer, experience using most of Adobe’s Creative Cloud products.
- Adept at writing copy, headlines, and taglines.
- Adroit at adapting templates, photographs, type, clipart, and other ancillary resources to save both money and time to avoid reinventing the wheel.
- Projects completed include websites, packaging, signage, including vehicle and retail as well as electrical and non-illuminated signage, animations, illustrations, advertisements, email campaigns, banner ads, trade show displays, powerpoints, software and application UI’s, icons, labels, stationery, business cards, envelopes and folders, pitch sheets, brochures, POS, schematics, vector illustrations, bitmap illustrations, photo manipulation, portraiture, caricatures, and digital paintings.
Streambox Inc. 1998 - 2001 | Senior Designer
- Planned, prototyped, and directed the design of web-based applications to product development teams.
- Established user-centric website architecture using wireframes, sitemaps, and flow diagrams.
- Implemented web design parameters, style guides, and visual standards for websites.
- Created original GUI’s, layouts, prototypes, graphics, and icons for use on websites and applications while meeting usability and download requirements.
- Set standards and guidelines to prepare accurate and timely release of new graphics to production staff.
- Facilitated the development of new design standards at Streambox Asia in Seoul, South Korea
- Created graphics, illustrations, presentations, photo montages, animations, banner ads, image optimizations and enhancements, media kit designs, posters and signage, and site graphics to reflect our evolving business model.
NW Sign 1992 to 1998 | Design and Sales
- Sign design and sign sales for all types of custom signs, including electrical, interior, exterior, pylons, monuments, channel letters, banners, neon, digital print, message centers, billboards, environmental graphics, tradeshow displays, and information graphics.
- Worked as intermediary between sales, management, and fabrication departments directing creative aspects of sign fabrication and installation.
- Transitioned from sign designer to design/sales/project management; prospected customers, developed concepts, surveyed job sites, proposed projects that met with customers’ requirements and budgets. Presented sign proposals to business owners, landlords, and design review boards.
Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Lightroom, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Muse, Animate/Flash, CorelDRAW, PowerPoint, WordPress
- Owns five cameras, several lenses, and knows how to use them.
- Understands HTML, CSS, and SEO.
- Knows how to draw.
- Enjoys selling.
- Quick study.
- Builds Computers.
- Married, 3 children.
- Likes both dogs and cats.
- Writes poetry.